Innovation “Challenge” Day
Angel’s most recent innovation day had a Challenge theme — we asked staff to set themselves a challenge for the day and/or take on one of our randomly-generated challenges. Take a look at what they got up to!
These three Angels took on the challenge of donating blood. Well done Alan, Gareth and John!
Innovation Lead, John Winstanley, had never given blood before. He said: “It was easy! I hate needles, but I hardly felt a thing. I’ll definitely go back and do it again.”
Why not make an appointment to join Team Hero and give blood yourself?
Liverpool Science Park Challenge
Some of the team took a few moments out to take this picture for Liverpool Science Park‘s Selfie Competition. Sadly, we didn’t win this time, but it was fun taking part!
Take a look at all the competition entries here
Fun training guides
John P used the day to create some Lego-themed comic strips that teach new users how to get up and running with Perspective.
“Build it” continues
A few people set to work on physical building projects, including:
- Building a magnetic scoreboard for our Shooting Angels game
- Creating extra skittle-people for all our new staff members (for the game!)
- Adding extra features to our interactive charity donation box
There were loads of other projects and challenges on the day, including:
- Liam’s Support Centre project and try a new food challenge
- Grace’s Meet the Circus interactive web-page
- Adam’s video project for teachers
- Dylan and Dave’s Open Source project challenge
- Paul M’s charity ticker-tape communications solution for Wirral Ways to Recovery
- Susan’s Call Schools challenge
A big thanks and well done to everyone for taking part!
Our next Innovation Day will involve some project work and charity-planning in the morning, followed by our annual trip to the park for Team-Time in the afternoon. Until then, we’ll be focussing our innovations on the Angel Solutions product suite and helping educationalists prepare for the next academic year!